Saturday, December 13, 2008

Names

A word about the title...I've had some people ask me about it.

I ideally want to create a safe and intellectual place where people can discuss social and political issues in our world. I like the idea of agreeing and disagreeing, because it things interesting. More so, I like the idea of discussing and analyzing.

A lot of issues appear to be black and white because of the partisanship that permeates this country, but a sane person knows that our world is greyscale. Personally, I like the direction Obama is going so far because he disagrees with partisanship. I have read of many liberals who are already dissatisfied with the president elect's picks for Cabinet positions and the gripes that the Senate is not filibuster proof. I think this is how government should be: a reasonable balance of power.

But I digress.

I'd like this place to be one where we can be adversaries and friends in the most positive sense, no matter our stance or associations. Because like snowflakes...

1 comment:

Jillsywillsy said...

I didn't vote for Obama and I have to admit that during the election I couldn't picture him being non-partison, but I am hopeful. The fact that he is not afraid to piss off his own party is a plus in my book. (Its one of the very few things I like about Senator McCain)